Friday, May 6, 2011

Picking Up the Sticks

Hey Everyone! The Shift blog is back in action. I'm hoping to make posts fairly regularly featuring recaps from Wednesday nights, and things that are going on outside of Wednesday nights such as activities at element and around Cheyenne.

When Sean mentioned the blog and making posts, I took him up on it immediately. Blogging is something that I enjoy, and I keep a personal blog about my activities here in Cheyenne. I've kept other blogs in the past as well. My first experience with blogging was great, and I built 'Thru-hiking with Rocky' here on blogger. Looking back at that blog, I have realized that sharing my ideas, sharing others stories and sharing Gods words is a learning process. In the beginning, my posts were short and concise. Then I found the more I blogged the more detailed and well thought out they became.

I have to admit that posting on this blog is a little intimating, especially when reading the amazing words of Bruce, Sarah, Steven, Sean and whoever else contributed to this in the past. I'm working hard on trying to become the man God calls me to be, and part of that means stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm confident that the Lord will provide me with the words and thoughts to share with you here, and I look forward to sharing what's going on with the Shift to you through this blog.

Yall're an amazing group of people, and I feel lucky to have found and connected with this community that we're creating through Shift. Parting words from Hebrews 10: 24-25
"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."

2 comments:

B. Pagano II said...

Bro, super excited to see posts on theSHIFT blog again. Can't wait to see what God does in theSHIFT & how He uses you. Looking forward to more posts.

Unknown said...

Wow, i'm very excited too. This is a big deal, and i'm extremely interested in where this goes. With God, you just never know. Good luck Sam and have fun with theSHIFT.